- Version 0.24 Beta Released! (31/12/2017 Happy new year release!
- Fixed many critical bugs and assertions. (Thanks Mikhail Kasimov for Beta testing.)
- Fixed MacOSX dialog crashes and make OSX version usable again.
- Added Windows Disk & Partition raw write.
- Added TAG redo/undo support.
- Added Portable mode support.
- Added Clang compilation support.
- Added space check and error check while saving.
- Added "+Offset-" byte shifting feature.
- Added TAG remove with right click at TAG panel.
- Added Preferences dialog save on change for example on font sizes.
- Added Quick and Normal Tag creation shortcuts.
- Version 0.23 Beta Released! (04/12/2014 Hey, it's my birthday!)
- Added many more languages!
- Fixed many bugs that leads to crash and memory leaks.
- Implemented prefetched functions. (SSD buster!)
- Fixed some cosmetic errors.
- Fixed C::B compilation for all OS'es.
- Added Sorted Tag Saving / Loading
- Fixed Injection function.
- Implemented file change detection reload ( on wxWidgets > 2.9 )
- Implemented file compare connector to scroll 2 files at once.
- Added remember last panel states.
- Fixed TagEdit enabling code for addesses > 0xFFFFFFFFh.
- Sync with langulage files.(Added many languages!)
- Added MultiSearchAtBinary function, allows faster search on FindAll.
- Fixed logical sectors start. Now starts from 0 instead of 1.
- Added AutoShowTag option to preferences menu.
- Added auto tag panel popup with Process RAM open.
- Fixed Process RAM seeking.
- Added Report a Bug & Donation menu items :)
- Find Some Bytes button doesn't close find dialog anymore.
- Version 0.22 Beta Released (09/05/2013)
- Now, supporting many codepages/encodings, including almost all DOS, ECBDIC, Windows CPs.
- Also supporting multi character codepages like Shift JIS, UTF8/16/32 and others....
- Added gksu and gksudo support for easy privilage elevations.
- Added Russian translation, non-complete. (by Nikolai Novikov)
- Fixed MacOSX binary issues that appears at old version due wx2.9
- Many bug fixes also some usage changes.
- Version 0.21 Beta Released (01/01/2013)
- Device and Partition Backup/Restore and Erase tools.
- Customizeable hex panel formatting.
- Customizeable colours!
- Linux Process Memory Read/Write access.
- MultiLocale support with Turkish Language
- Options Panel
- Fixed Hex control input
- Version 0.20a Beta released with Fixed Hex control input
0.12 v0.20 Beta Released (29/2/2012)
- wxHexEditor v0.11 Beta Released (17/6/2011)
- PAD File available for publishing this tool.
- v0.10 Pre-Beta Released( 19 March 2011 )
- Reddit says "wxHexEditor: A new hex editor that aims to not suck."
- v0.09 Alpha Released( 23 April 2010 )
- v0.08 Alpha Released( 20 Feb 2010 )
- v0.07 Alpha Released( 22 Feb 2009 )
I want it, go to download page!
- It uses 64 bit file descriptors (supports files or devices up to 2^64 bytes , means some exabytes but tested only 1 PetaByte file (yet). ).
- It does NOT copy whole file to your RAM. That make it FAST and can open files (which sizes are Multi Giga < Tera < Peta < Exabytes)
- You can work with delete/insert bytes to file, more than once, without creating temp file!.
- Could open your devices on Linux, Windows or MacOSX.
- Memory Usage : Currently ~25 MegaBytes while opened multiple > ~8GB files.
- Could operate with file thru XOR encryption.
- Has multiple views to show multiple files in same time.
- Has x86 disassembly support (via integrated udis86 library) to hack things little faster.
- Has colourfull tags to make reverse engineering easier and more fun.
- You can copy/edit your Disks, HDD Sectors with it.( Usefull for rescue files/partitions by hand. )
- Sector Indication on Disk devices, also has Go to Sector dialog...
- Formated CopyAs! It's easy to copy part of a file in HEX format for C/C++ source, ASM source, also supports HTML,phpBB and Wiki page formats with TAGs!!
- Supports Hex or Text editor alone operation.Also can disable Offset region.
- Supports customizeable hex panel formatting and colors.
- Allows Linux Process Memory Editing operations
- Comparison of binary files, allows merge of near results.
- Supports ***many*** encodings including almost all DOS/Windows/MacOS CPs and multi-character sets like UTF8/16/32, Shift JIS, GBK, EUC_KR...
- Decimal, Hexadecimal, Octal and LBA ("Sector+Offset") addressing modes, (switchable one to another by right click of mouse on Offset panel.
- Save selection as a dump file feature for make life easier.
- "Find Some Bytes" feature for quickly find next meaningful bytes at file/Disk
- MD/RIPEMD/SHA/TIGER/HAVAL/CRC/ADLER/GOST/WHRILPOOL/SNEFRU checksum functions (via integrated mhash library.)
- Import & Export TAGs support from file.
- Written with C++/wxWidgets GUI libs and can be used with other OSes such as Mac OS, Windows as native application.
Last changes on svn
|r326:||Fixed hex panel character input corruption.|
|r325:||Fixed MSW File format change artifact.|
Fixed MSW Disk filtering.
|r324:||Removed "Only" words from view hex/text panels.|
Places some warning messages to backup/restore/erase (B.R.E.) tool functions.
Removed "\\Device" disks at B.R.E. tools for Windows. (Needed to
implement R/W from this devices.)
Fixed some bugs.
|r323:||Implemented Disk Backup/Restore & Erase tools.|
|r322:||Fixed preferences color update.|
Fixed OSX compilation.
|r321:||Fixed MSW and MAC compilations.|
Fixed some bugs.
|r320:||Added remembering last addressing mode of offset panel.|
|r319:||Fixed preferences dialog show changes immeditially.|
|r318:||Enabled custom hex area formating.|
Added pre-defined 3 hex area format.
Fixed resizing function at HexEditorCtrl.
|r317:||Implemented custom hex coloring at Preferences dialog.|
Implemented custom hex formating internals, but not enabled yet.
|r316:||Fixed some text formating for prepare localizations.|
Fixed automake 1.12 compatibility. ( Thanks Lazy Kent & Gert Hulselmans )
|r315:||Implemented Multi Language support.|
Adjusted preferences dialog with color picker controls.